Gift Guide for a Newly Engaged Couple
Did you know that 1/3 of couples that are going to get engaged, get engaged during the months of November and December? How crazy! So whether you need an engagement gift or a Christmas gift idea that gives a nod to their engagement, I am making it super easy with some gift ideas for you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
1. A personalized ring holder I am OBSESSED with this idea. Even if you don’t know the wedding date yet, this engagement ring holder is super thoughtful and is beautiful with just the couples’ initials. I’m all about a practical gift but this takes it to the next level by being practical AND personal.
2. Gift certificates for a date! One thing that can go to the wayside when wedding planning is making time to go out on a day together doing something other than wedding planning. Sometimes it even feels like it’s a strain on the budget. A gift card to a restaurant or to the movies can be a thoughtful way to show that you care about the couple getting some time for themselves.
3. Conversation Starters Conversation starters are the perfect way for the newly engaged couple to continue to get to know one another. I think it’s so important that at any point in your relationship you continue to get to know one another but that can be difficult sometimes. This will help any couple continue to ask good questions and have great conversations.
4. The 5 Love Languages Book Do you know what your Love Language is? Mine is Quality Time and Gift Giving. Every couple should spend time learning their significant others Love Language. A Love Language is how that person feels most loved. The five are Physical Touch, Acts of Service, Gifts, Quality Time, and Words of Affirmation. This book will walk the newly engaged couple on how to detect their own love language and how to best love and serve their partner through their love language.
5. His & Hers Tumblers Have a couple that love coffee or enjoy a glass of wine? This sweet tumbler set will be perfect for those coffee dates to go over their wedding menu, or a glass of wine while discussing the guest list.
6. A board game! One of the things my husband and I love to do together is play board games. We love the competition and the way we can connect but also have fun together. Carcassonne is a great, easy game to learn for two players or more. If your couple likes games, this will be a fun one for them to try!
7. Christmas Ornament I love decorating our Christmas tree and seeing the special ornaments that highlight big life events. Engagement, marriage, kids, buying a house. It’s fun to put up those ornaments and think on all of the things that have happened over the years. So start off the couple’s Christmas Tree ornament collection with a special one!
8. Money I know that this isn’t fun for everyone but honestly, weddings can be expensive, so blessing the newly engaged couple some money, is a sweet way to show that you care about them and want to invest in their big day.
Let me know what you kind of gifts you like to give newly engaged couples in the comments!